Select a Course Below:
For over “50” years, Toledo Academy of Beauty has placed thousands of highly trained graduates from Northwest Ohio and Southeastern Michigan in the Salon & Spa Industry. Our graduates work at or own many of the salons in Toledo and surrounding areas. Our training makes a difference.
- Toledo Academy is “Nationally Accredited” by the National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts & Sciences. This means the school has been examined by a team of outside experts and meets the highest standards.
- Extensive Hands-On training. Our two schools combined service over “800” clients every week! It’s this kind of practice that gives Toledo Academy students the competitive edge and sets us apart from your typical beauty school.
- Specialized curriculum. We are one of the few schools in the country using the professional Salon Skills course book. Written by top industry artists, they will show you over 95 step-by-step techniques on how to create the most desired cuts, styles, texture services and color services on women and men. This also includes a 20 tape video library.
- We don’t associate ourselves with one product line (like Redken, Toni & Guy, Paul Mitchell, and Aveda). We train our students to use many of the top beauty products. Not all salons like the “One Size Fits All” teaching method. The beauty industry is full of wonderful “lotions & potions”.
- Salon owners and stylists continuously visit our school to give students advanced training. Many are Toledo Academy graduates and work in the area’s salons and spas.
- In addition to our Lifetime Placement Service, Toledo Academy students are provided an Annual Job Fair so students can meet and discuss with salon owners the many career opportunities available to them. Our focus is not teaching you to sell products but your success as a highly marketable beauty professional with skills that can take you wherever you want to go.
- Our Salon Management Course goes beyond the basic level and addresses the day-to-day operations of a salon and provides material on bookkeeping, insurance, types of salons, interior design, employee management and salon policies and procedures. This course allows a graduate to work in a salon or spa, manage a salon, own their own salon or choose a booth rental approach to their career. This course is a MUST if you want to “climb the ladder of success!”